Who We Are
The National Black Catholic Clergy Caucus serves as a fraternity for the Black Catholic Clergy and Religious to support the spiritual, theological educational, and ministerial growth of its members. Our membership is composed of Black Catholic ordained Clergy (bishops, priest and deacons), religious brothers and seminarians. We stand on the shoulders of our founding fathers that birthed this organization during the civil rights movement in 1968.
We are a fraternity which nurtures and supports our membership. We provide leadership training and mentoring for our seminarians and deacon candidates and religious brothers in their formation process. We are committed to taking care of the spiritual needs of our African-American brothers and sisters. Our celebration is holistic and this is expressed in the joy and spirit of our liturgies and the character of our ministries. The NBCCC is a vehicle to bring the contributions of the Black Community to fruition within the Catholic Church.
2019 NBCCC Lifetime Achievement Award
2019 NBCCC Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient: Brother Roy Smith, C.S.C.
- National Black Catholic Clergy Caucus
- Pan African Roman Catholic Clergy Caucus (PARCCC)
- Black Catholic History Month (November)
- Institute of Black Catholic Studies at Xavier University, New Orleans
- National Black Catholic Seminarians Association (NBCSA)
- National Association of African American Catholic Deacons (now National Association of Black Catholic Deacons, NABCD)
- National Office for Black Catholics (NOBC)
- Black Catholic Theological Symposium
- Declaration on Racism in the Catholic Church
- Black Catholic Men of God
- Black Unity and Spiritual Togetherness (B.U.S.T.)
- National Black Catholic Apostolate for Life (NBCAL)
- Ambassadors of the Word
- Rebirth of the National Black Catholic Congress