Dear NBCCC, today, June 25, the Lord called our brother and friend, Fr. Ken Westray, home to peace and glory. Ken has been a lifelong member of the Caucus, most recently serving as NBCCC vice president and as NBCCC representative to the National Black Catholic Congress Board.
Fr. Ken was most recently pastor of St. Vincent de Paul Parish in San Francisco. Ken was ordained for the Archdiocese of San Francisco on November 28, 1981. He has served as a pastoral associate at Sacred Heart and St. Elizabeth parishes in San Francisco, and as pastor of Sacred Heart, St. Sebastian (Kentfield), and St. Isabella (San Rafael). A native of Washington, DC, he was an avid 49ers and Giants fan, and he also loved to eat, cook and travel.
Please offer a mass for Fr. Ken, his family and his parish community.
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
2019 NBCCC Lifetime Achievement Award
2019 NBCCC Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient: Brother Roy Smith, C.S.C.
- National Black Catholic Clergy Caucus
- Pan African Roman Catholic Clergy Caucus (PARCCC)
- Black Catholic History Month (November)
- Institute of Black Catholic Studies at Xavier University, New Orleans
- National Black Catholic Seminarians Association (NBCSA)
- National Association of African American Catholic Deacons (now National Association of Black Catholic Deacons, NABCD)
- National Office for Black Catholics (NOBC)
- Black Catholic Theological Symposium
- Declaration on Racism in the Catholic Church
- Black Catholic Men of God
- Black Unity and Spiritual Togetherness (B.U.S.T.)
- National Black Catholic Apostolate for Life (NBCAL)
- Ambassadors of the Word
- Rebirth of the National Black Catholic Congress